Meet Our Team
Trained in Israel, mastering the many Israeli hair styling techniques. Educated and experienced in Paul Mitchell coloring techniques. Advanced education includes Razor fundamentals and advanced classes, Keratin Concept certified. Alan had also attended the World Wide Hair Tour in Paris and learned from top hair stylists in the industry. All in the family: Alan comes from an entire family of beauticians. Raised in New York City, his mother, sisters, and a few cousins – about 10 in all – are all hairdressers!
Travels and Training:
Alan graduated from high school at the age of 17, and then left for Israel to attend a nine month hairstyling program while simultaneously learning the language and working as an assistant for two different stylists. Upon his return to the states a year later, Alan began working at a salon in Queens owned by his mother, as well as another salon. “I felt like hair was my world and I could do so much with it,” says Alan of his history as a stylist. “I feel that it’s very artistic and I love to create.”
Products he can’t live without:
Sea Salt Spray which is used best for full-bodies beachy wave looks and can be used on any hair type! Supershine which is a great light moisturizing cream for blow-outs or can be used as a light leave-in treatment. Dry Texturizing Spray, it acts like a dry shampoo and adds more body to your everyday look. A product you should never travel without!
His creations aren’t just limited to the hot celebrity styles that he bequeaths to his clients. In his spare time, he also enjoys fixing cars and motorcycles. Now, that’s what you call a well-rounded stylist!
Be A Part Of Our Team!
Hailing from Florida, Amanda has been in the hair industry for almost 10 years. With talent and clear ambition she loves to explore natural textures and provides low-maintenance looks with a creative twist. Amanda’s clients have said Amanda is a “hair sculptor” and gives a“hypnotic” haircut.
Color that pops, whether its bold and fun or subtle and dimensional, is not beyond reach with this inspired and gifted stylist. Amanda started her education at Salon Professional Academy, a Redken Flagship in Tampa, FL. She has continued her education by becoming a Davines certified color educator and is also certified in Coppola keratin treatments.
Products she can’t live without:
1. Davines Oi All in One Milk – the perfect product. Oil in the form of a light lotion that won’t weigh your hair down. Easy spray-application. Moisture, no frizz and shine, Oi has you covered. “For me? Bed Head is my enemy. Just Spray all over, scrunch and go for shine and workability,” says Amanda.
2. Oribe Strong hold hairspray. “A little goes a long way. Great for taming your bangs, giving you the perfect side-sweep. Spray on fingertips and run through ends, or tame fly-aways. Don’t be afraid to brush through after it has set as it leaves the hair still manageable and soft.”
3. Davines Strong dry wax. Perfect product for short, “elegantly disheveled” styles with a lasting, re-workable strong hold.
As a hairstylist and makeup artist based out of New York City, Nallely has gained a love and passion for all things beauty. When she’s not working behind the chair she can be found behind the scenes on the runway such as Mercedes Benz fashion week, Bridal fashion week, photoshoots and bridal parties. Nallely regularly updates her skills in the craft, learning new techniques and trends to hep her clients current. She strives to enhance and embrace her clients’ natural beauty while making them feel and look their absolute best!
Nallely has taken advanced education at The Wella Studio, Arrojo Studios, Make up Designery, Davines, Oribe and also at the Arrojo-inspired training program at Slope Suds.
Products she can’t live without:
1. “Oribe Dry Texurizing Spray is my #1 go to product, I use this 90% of the time for finishing touches. Works great on all textures and lengths. Smells fantastic too!”
2. “Oribe Gel Serum is my go-to for blowouts and leave-in looks. It is multifunctional and can be used to create a variety of different styles. It has so many benefits such as flexibility, hold, and shine and it’s easy enough to use at home! I like using this on all lengths and it gives the perfect amount of hold and shine without weighing hair down.”
3. “Davines Medium Hold Pliable Paste is great for short-medium hair lengths. Again, I am all about multi-use and it is perfect for creating texture for sleek looks. It’s a buildable product and has medium hold. I like to start with a dime-size amount first for a smoother look or a heavier amount for building texture in the hair.My top three products are great for everyone and can be versatile to create different, easy looks at home!”
From a young age Callie knew she wanted to pursue some type of creative career. After attending Savannah College of Art and Design, she decided to use her design knowledge and creative skills to focus her talents on the beauty industry and enrolled herself in Paul Mitchell The School in Tampa, Florida. Having a background in design she approaches hair with an eye for balance, precision and style. Callie loves creating natural and low maintenance looks for all textures and lengths but specializes in short haircuts and painting lived-in balayage looks.
This Florida native has been living and working in Brooklyn for over 10 years all the while sharpening her skills and knowledge with tops brands such as Oribe, Davines, Arrojo, Peter Coppola, Alterego and much more. As well as working behind the chair in a salon, Callie has worked on ad campaigns for clients such as Footlocker and Birchbox where she gained a better knowledge and understanding for the creative possibilities the hair industry has to offer.
When she’s not doing hair, Callie is probably on a plane seeking her next big adventure. Her love of travel has helped her to draw inspiration from different cultures around the world from Africa to South America and Europe.
Nicki is our in-house Color and Chemical Specialist. Over her extensive career, which has included training at Toni & Guy and Jingles in London, Nicki has built an extensive clientele and a reputation as a top color and chemical specialist in the industry
Fun Facts: While Nicki is a dedicated stylist with over 20 years of experience, she also once worked as a traveling store detective. While studying theater, she also began moonlighting as a checker cab driver.
Advanced Training: Nicki has taken essential color, creative color foiling techniques and corrective color classes at Wella. She has also studied balayage technique at Loreal with Nancy Braun.
Favorite Service: “I could do highlights all day,” she says with a big smile on her face. When asked to impart knowledge to budding stylists that she’s gained over her extensive career, she has this to say: “Don’t be in a rush. Spend the time and get the right training.”
Products she can’t live without:
1. “Oribe Grandiose hair plumping mousse is by far the best styling mousse I have used,” says Nicki. “It provides maximum volume and hold on even the limpest hair.”
2. “Davines Medium Hold Pliable Paste is my go-to product for short, textured haircuts. It is good for all types of hair and not matte so hair does not look dry. This is a favorite of most of my male clients.”
“Davines Sea Salt Spray is great for a tousled, beachy look and can be used on wet or dry hair.”
Milla began her styling days in the year 2000. She traveled throughout Europe to further advance her styling education. She has a background in photo shoot styling, hair shows, and working with A-list clients and has fine-tuned her color techniques with advanced training from Wella, Redken, Loreal, Davines and Alfaparf
Milla has received extensive training in precision-based cutting and advanced razor techniques at the Arrojo Studios in Soho and has mastered the dry cutting technique from training at The John Sahag Workshop on Madison Avenue. She has learned to understand and embrace curly hair types, making her a master in her technique and enabling her to create looks that suit many different lifestyles. From haircuts to color to sophisticated blow-dries and immaculate styling her calm manner has made her a firm favorite for a wide range of clients.
Products she can’t live without:
1. Imperial Blow out by Oribe, Hands down the best! I have used this beautiful tube on a wide range of hair textures and hair types and find that it acclimates to any of them giving a full bodied, runway look easily with no additional products needed to amp it up. Surprisingly even on the finest of hairs it gives the perfect amount of grittiness to get the job
done without limpness.
2. Texturizing Hair spray by Oribe. Like the imperial blowout crème this spray also works great on a wide range of hair types and textures, depending on how much is used it can go anywhere from adding a little volume to hiding greasy unwashed hair not to mention acting as a fragrance to the hair.
3. Rock Hard Gel by Oribe, although the name is misleading it really does hold the style for more than one day. Long and thick haired gals need not be afraid to use such a strong sounding product because once the heat of the dryer heats it, it immediately softens and creates a beautiful smooth yet voluminous hold that will last and last. My favorite hair types to use this on are medium to thick hair shoulder length and longer.
Maria began her hair journey at the Arrojo in New York City where she obtained top-tier training learning from Nick Arrojo and Paul Merritt, she went on to gain valuable experience in dry cutting and styling apprenticing under Edward Tricomi himself. Maria has worked at NYFW, on editorial shoots – for publications like Style Cruze, Creators mag, Ellements etc. – as well as on vast array of films and music videos. Through her versatile experience, Maria adopted an impressive skill set of being able to incorporate various techniques to craft the most beautiful hairstyles that play to each individuals’ unique needs.
Her personal favorite is bridal styling: she works collaboratively with clients to find a hairstyle that will enhance their look and surely elevate their confidence on the special day.